About this event
Since You Build It You Run It was outlined in 2006, on-call product teams as an operating model has gone from being a controversial idea… to being a controversial idea.
Enterprise organisations don’t do it, but they do talk about why they don’t do it:
- “It’s too expensive”
- “Developers won’t want to do it”
- “Nobody would be accountable”
- “There would be no incident management”
- “Developers would spend all their time firefighting”
- “It’s not possible to have a DBA for every team”
This talk demystifies these fears about You Build It You Run It, drawing on experiences from multiple enterprise organisations who’ve successfully implemented on-call product teams.
It explains how to simultaneously achieve frequent deployments, high availability, and a high rate of learning across many teams and digital services.
This talk takes place at:
12 noon ET (US)