There’s no playbook, no magic set of rules to guarantee successful business transformation; all businesses are unique, and so are the situations they face. But we have many years of practical experience in guiding all kinds of organisation through complex challenges; we put all that experience into practical, actionable steps that are directly linked to the business outcomes our client is looking to achieve.
We help lead large-scale business transformation from front to back, neatly linking all the associated activity – from initial strategy, to determining how success will be measured (and what value will be created), to the work required to deliver it all.
Transformation is much more than digital strategy
In today’s business environment, the majority of transformations display a heavy bias towards digital initiatives – whether to transform the customer experience, deliver new products and services, or reduce costs.
However, although digital transactions are increasing exponentially, they’re still only one method people use to interact with services. When considering what the customer actually wants to achieve, it’s important to note that different channels are each suited to different kinds of objective, and customers often prefer to use non-digital channels according to their current need. Websites, social platforms, phone lines, post, bricks and mortar; all relevant channels should be considered, considering factors such as emotion, complexity and value.
One common issue we see within organisations is that the different channels are developed in isolation, leading to a lack of overarching vision around the overall customer experience (and consequently, an experience that is inconsistent and inefficient).
As part of our transformation consultancy, we work with clients to define an intentional experience – which helps to direct customers, resource and investment to the most effective channel, according to specific needs. This work also helps to prioritise what needs to happen and in what order to achieve the most desirable business outcomes.
Real outcomes, not Powerpoints
As with all our work, the focus of our transformation consultancy is on delivering demonstrable value to our client. Here’s how we ensure this remains the case in an area where expensive slide decks have been known to be the only output.
- We deliver value every 90 days – Designing transformation around smaller, achievable steps allows us to deliver meaningful value every three months – which is key to making change, not just thinking about it.
- We stay nimble – Our approach maintains your ability to pivot, should strategic requirements or business dynamics shift at any point. You’re never locked into an all-or-nothing ‘moonshot’, where benefits are only delivered 3-5 years down the line.
- We start small – It’s best to start a transformation with a highly capable team of just a few people. They can focus on really understanding the challenge faced, ensuring your transformation journey sets off in the right direction.
- We prize results, not methods – We concentrate on what a given piece of work will actually achieve for you (and how we can measure the outcome, so we know it’s been achieved).
- We make it all make sense – Our transformation work ensures there is always a clear connection between your strategy, your KPIs, the factors driving the change, and the eventual work. This keeps everyone informed and motivated – from senior leadership, all the way to those at the coalface.