We are currently at the halfway point of the Equal Experts Walkathon 2022 – and you’re totally smashing it.
Every May, we organise a charity Walkathon where people sign up to raise money for good causes, by walking as much as possible over the month. This year, we have once again welcomed our customers, friends and family to join as well and are thrilled that 880+ people are walking all over the world for a good cause – nearly twice as many as last year!
Many of our friends from Pret A Manger have once again joined us in getting their step counts up to help raise money for The Pret Foundation, which supports local charities and projects to help break the cycle of homelessness. We’re also thrilled to welcome teams from John Lewis & Partners, Waitrose, HMRC, Thames Water, Disney, Awaze and Flaconi. And we’ve added John Lewis & Partners Give A Little Love charities to our donations list.
Here’s what you’ve achieved so far:
- Collectively we have already walked 3.2 laps of the world. That equates to £88,261 raised so far!
- Our top walker (to date) has already walked the equivalent of Amsterdam to Copenhagen!
- Top teams info: The Waitrose DigiOps team, who are averaging almost 20,000 steps a day (earning £1,480 so far for their chosen charity). Hot on their fundraising heels (literally!) are The Walkie-Talkies.
We always have a good laugh at some of the ingenious team names too – favourites this year include HEEL Today, Gone TOEmorrow, Eurotrash, and Cirque du Sore Legs. Hopefully the joy of seeing how much they’ve raised will make up for the aching calf muscles!
Why walk for charity?
For every 20 steps we take, Equal Experts will donate £0.01p to the following charities. You just choose the one that resonates most, and we do the rest. Apart from the walking – that’s down to you! The more steps we take, the more money Equal Experts will donate. In the meantime, please consider donating directly by following the links below:
- The Pret Foundation
- The John Lewis & Partners Give A Little Love charities
- Save the Children
- The British Red Cross
- Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors without Borders) (MSF)
Towards the end of May, we’ll be sending a survey to all participants for them to choose which charity they’d like their steps to be donated to.
Once again, it’s just so exciting to see you all walking and talking all over the world. Thank you to everyone for the steps you’ve taken so far – you’re helping to make a big difference to some very worthy causes.